Early Childhood Education With Luchie

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

With What Is Your Child Living?

my grand daughters
our newsletter

I may not be the best teacher or the best mother. But I can proudly say that I did my best to be the best that I could be.

There was one article/poem from The Torrance (Calif.) Herald as written in 1954 by Dorothy Law Nolte for her column “Creative Family Living” that also guided me in dealing with children. I was not born that time, of course, but I happened to read it when I was taking my degree which my professor shared to us. From then on, I kept it and tried to practice what were written.

When I did my newsletter editing in my previous centre, I used that poem for my cover page. It just showed how much I appreciated that article. And now, I would like to share it with all of you.

Here it is.
If a child lives with criticism, he learns to condemn.
If a child lives with hostility, he learns to fight.
If a child lives with fear, he learns to be apprehensive.
If a child lives with pity, he learns to feel sorry for himself.
If a child lives with ridicule, he learns to be shy.
If a child lives with jealousy, he learns what envy is.
If a child lives with shame, he learns to feel guilty.
If a child lives with encouragement, he learns to be confident.
If a child lives with tolerance, he learns to be patient.
If a child lives with praise, he learns to be appreciative.
If a child lives with acceptance, he learns to love.
If a child lives with approval, he learns to like himself.
If a child lives with recognition, he learns that it is good to have goals.
If a child lives with sharing, he learns about generosity.
If a child lives with honesty and fairness, he learns what truth and justice are.
If a child lives with security, he learns to have faith in himself
and in those about him.
If a child lives with friendliness, he learns that the world is a nice place
in which to live.
If you live with serenity, your child will live with peace of mind.
With what is your child living?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home